Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
increasing the angle of attack in mode 2 

Post increasing the angle of attack in mode 2
I would like to increase the angle of attack in mode 2 in order to reduce the horizontal speed.
I read somewhere that now is 8 degrees and when I flip the switch to mode 2 the QS start to go very fast although I reduce the throttle. The QS gets too fast actually to get confortable with mode 2.

Could you tell me where I can change this angle settings?
Thnx,

David

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Post Re: increasing the angle of attack in mode 2
I would like to change the question in my previous post. Today I was trying to fly in mode 2 but I notice that the QS is actually trying to hold a negative angle of attack. The QS was always descending and when throttle was increased, the speed increased and thus the rate of descent increased too.
Is it possible that it has wrong angle reference?
i did the sensor calibration before flying.

I also noticed that for the same amount of pich forward (in mode 1) the QS gets sometimes in nice "normal airplane" position but sometime it just wants to stay in hovering mode.

Regards,

David

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 pm

David,
Please ensure the following:
1) Your elevons are centered correctly. To do this, power up the quadshot but disconnect the battery before the delay finishes. At this point, the servos will be centered. Loosen the screw on the control horns and ensure that the elevons are in the centered position before tightening them up again.

2) Your elevons are moving in the correct direction. If your elevons are plugged into the Lisa/M in the wrong order (ie, if the left one is plugged into the right output and vice-versa) then you will get a downward pitch behavior when transitioning into mode 2.

3) Your motors are not crooked. This is especially important if you have had a crash. If the motors are crooked, the controller will not be able to correct or stabilize effectively.

4) You mentioned in another post that you had calibrated your sensors multiple times. Please try it with the default sensor settings available on github, just to make sure the calibration does not have anything to do with it. Another good check is to hold the quadshot in forward flight orientation and check the python attitude visualizer to see if it indicates the attitude correctly.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 am

Hey,

I increased the elevon angle in mode 2 from 8 degrees to 25 degrees. I find it easier to fly (not easy, just easier :), otherwise I am still fighting with the QS in the air ).
Should the QS maintain this angle above the horizon? Sometimes the QS wants to increase the pitch slowly.

Is it possible to implement a mix between trainer and real 3D behaviour in mode 3? I mean, is it possible to have a parameter which would define the time to stabilize QS to horizontal flight when controls are released?

Regards,

David

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]