Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
motors won't spin 

Post motors won't spin
Hey there,

got another problem :)

After successfully ( i hope) adapting lisaM's firmware for my ppm receiver and getting QS to safe mode, i cant get the motors spinning. :(
I checked the troubleshooting guide, but according to that everything seems good.
I have throttle on my third channel ( 1 is first) and I changed the radio xml file accordingly. I also checked min neutral and max for each channel on osciloscope. That's ok too.
In safe mode, if I move sticks or mode button the blinking is consistent with the signal change.
But when I try to increase the throttle, nothing happens. :(
Any idea?
Thanks

David

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Post Re: motors won't spin
When I had that problem, my min / max timings weren't set up right (too large minimum / too small max) and that was causing Lisa to toss out the CPPM signal. Don't forget to measure from the rise to the next rise, not just the length of the high pulse of the PPM signal (or fall to fall)

I used the GCS to check the telemetry messages through the XBee and see what the Lisa was returning for channel output (BOOZ_RADIO_CONTROL IIRC, but I don't have it in front of me). It was reporting all 0s indicating to me that it wasn't processing the PPM signal correctly.

Once I fixed the pulse widths in my radio configuration I saw values between -9600 and +9600 for the full range of motion in the control messages

Jamie

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Hey Jamie,

thank you very much for the reply. I will try fixing timings as you said. Hope it'll work. :)
About the xBee telemetry... I configured modules as instructed in assembly manual. Are there any other "configurations" needed with paparazzi GS or will this magically start to work? :)
Thanks,

David

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 am

For me, the xbees Just Worked(tm). You do have to configure them as per the directions as the Lisa is expecting them to be at 57600 baud.

Jamie

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey,
Have you always had this problem with this particular Lisa or is it a new development?
Also, dose the Lisa go into bootloader mode when you plug in the USB connector?
Try disconnecting any other sources of power to the Lisa before plugging in the USB.
Let us know how this goes.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]