Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
I want to use my own Radio! Walkera DEVO12s 

Post Re: I want to use my own Radio! Walkera DEVO12s
Does it bind with DSM receivers? Like the Hobbyking orange receivers, or Spektrum receivers? If it does, then there will be very little work to be done.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 pm

We used a converter board in the past, until we found a receiver that output PPM. You do need to program a different baud rate in the Lisa.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 am

Basically, DSM satellite receivers and the Quadshot-type PPM receivers speak different 'languages' over the same wires. The Lia and Lisa can be configured to talk to either type (and many others), but you have to tell it which one you want and then reflash the Lia/Lisa.

Also, PPM outputs from different manufacturers/firmwares have many 'dialects' - they vary in the order that the RC channels are sent in, how they are spaced apart, the min/max value of a command, and even the 'polarity' of the PPM (eg, whether rising from 0 to 5V is what matters, or falling from 5V to 0 does). All of this is of course configurable in Paparazzi but if you're the first one to have to do it it takes some know-how and an oscilloscope.. Check out this image

http://api.ning.com/files/WmjViE3faLYy7 ... agram1.jpg

(borrowed from http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/705 ... Post:38393) to see a bit of what I mean.

//Jeff

Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]