Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Looking for help to solve Instant Crash [solved] 

Post Looking for help to solve Instant Crash [solved]
Hi,

I'm a beginner. I used my quadshot three times before in mode 1 as an helicopter, it went up and fine but always add too much difficulty fighting the wind so that it would end up in Crashes and I would have to reglue one of the winglet.
I recently tried again but ended with instant crashes. I'm wondering if anybody could lead me on what I need to check.
Things already done:
- orientation of the propeller
- cleaning of the motor (none seem damage)
- power on setting with all the blinking ok
I already broke two propellers with this kind of starts so that I cannot test very easily.

Two videos of the instant crashes:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42983656/Quads ... 0Crash.mp4
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42983656/Quads ... 0Crash.mp4

Thanks in advance,
Damien

Last edited by leDamien on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Post Re: Looking for help to solve Instant Crash
I rediscovered last week that slower is better for smooth takeoffs. If the motor directions and props are all correct, then throttle up slowly until all props are turning. Then throttle up slowly until it rises off of the ground. If it doesn't lift off straight, instantly abort. Do not add power if it tilts at all. Don't let it tip over completely. Stop before it falls over.

Also if you want to fly in the wind try to take off with the wind at your back, so you know the QS will want to move away from you in a known and easy to control direction.

A more dangerous test to see if everything is working correctly is to hold it from the bottom center black plastic and throttle up a little. You can feel if it is trying to go straight up or not. If the motors and props are spinning the right way, I would imagine that an ESC is plugged into the wrong port or maybe even the Lisa was mounted in the wrong orientation.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Rereading you first post I realize that you flew it successfully before the crashes. I would just suggest then to take off slowly. Allow the motors to spin up some then add more power to get it off of the ground.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi Chris,

thanks for your inputs. I bought some propeller from the site to repair mine, and looking at the damaged ones I suspect I set them wrong.
I followed your advice to just start slowly and I have put my above it to control it and I did not feel any unbalance so it looks good.
I hope the weather will be fine this weekend (I'm in Paris / France) for trying out again :D

best regards,
Damien

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:40 am

I am glad to hear that it is working out for you, did you have success this weekend?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Chris,

I could fly quickly today, so it must have been a stupid setup mistake on my side.
I'm now confronted with my lack of experience in flying: as soon as there is a little wind the quadshot quickly fly away or very high and I prefer to crash it... I guess: practice practice practice
Thanks,
Damien

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]