Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
New radio 

Post New radio
I got a new radio this week - a Turnigy 9XR http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31544__Turnigy_9XR_Transmitter_Mode_2_No_Module_.html

I think I have the programming setup to work with the QS... will find out (hopefully) tomorrow.

I cannibalized the RF section of my Quadshot (FlySky CT6B) transmitter to make a custom module for this radio.

If everything goes well I will post a how-to guide.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am

Post Re: New radio
Flys great!

It is a LOT more sensitive though.
I am trying to review the code to determine if I may have the expo channel reversed causing the QS to be in high gain mode by default.

Can anyone speak as to if that is one of the channels that is checked in the safteys/trim boot check (that is how I managed to map the correct functions to channels)?

Once I get that confirmed/corrected I will post details on what I did to get it working.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Post Re: New radio
Cool! I've been trying to buy one to test but they keep selling out instantly. Maybe add the 9XR to the compatible hardware page (http://wiki.thequadshot.com/wiki/Compat ... ansmitters) and link to a new page with more info?

The "expo" channel is Ch 5, and it is not checked during safety mode/startup - any switch position is OK. I don't have a TX and windows machine in front of me at the moment, but once you map the channel it should be safe to just hover and try all 3 switch settings. I believe it only affects roll/pitch/aw, not throttle.

Keep in mind this is not traditional in-radio expo, but done onboard the Lia - the radio always outputs commands as a linear function of stick position. Therefore make sure you have all expo settings on your radio off.

//Jeff

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]