Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Cannot Fly - ESC repeatedly cuts out 

Post Cannot Fly - ESC repeatedly cuts out
Thanks for the comprehensive wiki and user manual, I assembled my Mocha with relative ease :)
During installation of the props and motors, one of the propellers (B2 on the wiki) completely stopped shortly after I started them spinning slowly. I dropped the throttle to zero and the motor started again when I brought it back up. This happened again a minute later, but then the problem seemed to disappear for the rest of the testing session.

The next day I briefly attempted a flight and discovered that the problem was back again. The Quadshot survived this ordeal; but I had to re-glue a winglet.
Further testing showed that the same propeller stopped each time, even after switching motors; so it appears that the issue is with the Speed Controller, not the motor. Also, cutting the throttle momentarily is the only way I’ve found to bring it back.

I've also had an issue with the charger. After charging the battery a few times in-between testing, the LEDs started flashing red-green-red-green-etc.
I got the battery tested at my local hobby shop, and they discovered that while one cell was charged, the others were still empty. I bought an adapter cable so I can use my Dad’s iMAX-B6AC balancing charger instead, and the battery now lasts noticeably longer. The ESC cut-out is still occurring, especially within the first few minutes after I connect the battery.

Any suggestions, advice, guidance, support or assistance will be greatly appreciated

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:49 am

Post Re: Cannot Fly - ESC repeatedly cuts out
It's probably best if we send you a new ESC.
Please PM me with your address, order number and which ESC you need (long lead or short).

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]