Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Repair of elevons joint? 

Post Repair of elevons joint?
Hello, everyone. I'm really enjoying my Quadshot, although I just had a crash that seems to have broken one of the motors (it no longer spins). I've ordered another one and will see if it works, when replaced. I am amazed that the Quadshot survived so well—3 pylons broke off, like they were designed to do, and one of the winglets popped off and can easily be reglued.

However, there is a slight tear in one of the the elevon joints. I'd like to repair this. Does anyone have any tips? It needs to remain flexible, so I was thinking of using some kind of tape that will stick to styrofoam, if it exists.

Thank you!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Post Re: Repair of elevons joint?
i suffered the same injury today in a crash. I haven't attempted a repair yet, but I'm wondering if a very thin application of glue on the inside of the crack will hold it together and remain flexible. Please let me know if you identify any tape that works.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:47 am

Post Re: Repair of elevons joint?
We usually use either 3M Blenderm or Transpore to repair elevon hinges, though most tapes designed to stick to human skin to attach bandages etc should work.
Blenderm or Transpore can usually be found in pharmacies near the bandages.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]