Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
QS Motors 

Post QS Motors
I realise the QS store does have replacement motors, but will this motor work in the QS too ? (I'm not sure about the mounts or size and I just busted two motors on a hard landing so thinking about getting 6 or 7 spares in one order if they'll work as they're a lot cheaper than the QS store)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 500kv.html

Cheers.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Post Re: QS Motors
I can think of two possible issues:

Mounting. With patience and/or skill this will not be an issue, to make them fit the tubes and to cut the mounting slot.

Gains. They are tuned for the stock motors, of course. It may not fly well, especially if you do not replace all four at once. This is not an issue if you tune the gains yourself.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I was thinking a bit of dremmel work would probably get the slots cut, hadn't thought about the gains though so thanks for pointing that out. I'd probably swap all four at once just for consistency anyway.

Does anyone know of any motors that would drop in without having to cut mounting holes etc ?

Cheers.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 am
Site Admin

What Chris is talking about is the slot on the side of the shaft. To my knowledge there are no motors besides the custom ones we provide that have such a feature.

The slot clip mounting system is unique to the Quadshot.

And yes you should be able to cut the slot by hand using a dremel, this is how we did it for prototyping of the motor mount. Be careful that you don't get the metal filings into the bearings of the motor though.

Cheers Piotr

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:01 am

Thanks for the tip about the filings.

I hadn't realised the QS used a proprietary motor mounting system, I'd kind of assumed it would all be very much off the shelf gear to make replacing parts much easier for the end user (especially those of us outside the USA where shipping can cost 5 times more than the item your buying sometimes).

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]