Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Can't get out of SOS but TX/RX are bound 

Post Can't get out of SOS but TX/RX are bound
Hey guys,

I received my Mocha today. I have everything hooked up and when the TX is on the receiver led is lit continuously which seems to indicate that the TX and RX are bound. Unfortunately, however, the LEDS on the mocha flash SOS constantly. I have checked connections between the RX and board, tried rebinding, changing all of the controls on the remote but am having no luck.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks so much for the help. Can't wait to fly!

Drew

Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 am

Post Re: Can't get out of SOS but TX/RX are bound
Update: I plugged the mocha in this afternoon and now all that happens is the red led on the port side lights up. Nothing else flashes. In addition, none of the LEDs are lit on the Lia.

:cry:

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Hey all,

Was this resolved?

I've binded my TX/RX 3-4 times already, but my Mocha won't go out of SOS mode, the lights just flash continuously.

Charlie

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey Charlie,

I ended up sending the Mocha back. There may be an issue with my Lia. I emailed for an update late on Friday but don't expect to hear back until Monday. I'll let you know what I hear.

Drew

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey Drew,
In your case, it turned out that the Lia indeed had a faulty resistor on it, which is why it was not booting up. We have fixed it and will ship your unit back to you tomorrow.
@Charlie: is there a solid red light on your receiver when you bind it and then turn on your transmitter? If there is no light, the Rx is prob faulty. If the light continues to blink after the Tx is turned on, it has prob not been bound correctly. If there is a solid red light on the Rx and you still cannot get out of SOS, then the Rx itself if prob faulty and we will send you a replacement rx.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:41 pm

psinha wrote:
Hey Drew,
In your case, it turned out that the Lia indeed had a faulty resistor on it, which is why it was not booting up. We have fixed it and will ship your unit back to you tomorrow.
@Charlie: is there a solid red light on your receiver when you bind it and then turn on your transmitter? If there is no light, the Rx is prob faulty. If the light continues to blink after the Tx is turned on, it has prob not been bound correctly. If there is a solid red light on the Rx and you still cannot get out of SOS, then the Rx itself if prob faulty and we will send you a replacement rx.

Will send you a PM, thanks so much

The Rx just blinks red all the time.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:29 am

You should see a blinking red (L1), a blinking green (L2), and a solid green. The blinking green should go solid in a couple of seconds. At this point it is aligned and ready to go. If the receiver and transmitter are bound, it is most likely a bad receiver. They should be outputting PPM but we have found a few that are not.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 pm

What I can think of at the moment is:

1) Are the wires hooked up correctly?
The connector in the rx should be in the bind slot.
The rx wires in the Lia should be hooked up to the "to QS rx or DSM2 rx1" on the right:
http://wiki.thequadshot.com/w/images/0/ ... ram_01.jpg

2) Did we flash it with the right firmware?
If it was flashed for DSM2 receivers it has the wrong baud rate and will not work until flashed with the correct firmware.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Jeff agrees with me that it must be that we flashed it with the DSM baud rate. You can either
a)use a DSM radio,
b)flash it with the correct firmware, or
c) send the Lia back to us such that we can flash it for you.

Sorry about the whole mess, I know that a) is not a good choice, b) takes some work and c) means delays.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 pm

The only time I can think that it slowly blinks is that when the bind plug is in and the transmitter has just been bound.

After binding you should turn off everything and take out the bind plug. Then it should work. If the light stays lit on the receiver with the transmitter on, but SOS on the QS, the only things I can think of are either an incorrect baud rate or the white wire to the receiver is disconnected on one or both ends.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next