Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Battery type and configuration 

Post Battery type and configuration
I am interested in this device as a platform for a VIXIA video camera. 10 to 20 minutes per flight would be OK but if the batteries are quickly replaceable I could record longer events in segments. What batteries are used and can they be quickly changed? Thank You

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Battery type and configuration
Hi,

We tried flying Vixia on the Quadshot, we were able to take off with it but it is a little bit too heavy. GoPro is a much better choice for Quadshot. It is light and records 1080p video.

You can replace the battery quite quickly and using a standard LiPo RC charger you can recharge in about an hour. So you would need 5 or 6 batteries to minimize downtime.

I am not sure what you mean by events, I would not recommend flying Quadshot over the heads of people or anywhere where you could potentially hurt anyone. :)

You can take a look at this definition here: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/918.pdf

Cheers Piotr

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 am

Post Re: Battery type and configuration
Thank you for the clear reply. It looks like this wouldn't be as easy as just purchasing and running the QuadShot but I am still considering going ahead even if I have to buy another camera. I appreciate the advice on not flying over people. I think this might still work if I flew around the venue and shot at an angle toward the center of interest.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]