Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
All set up, motors don't spin [HELP] 

Post All set up, motors don't spin [HELP]
I got my Mocha all set up, and out of Safe Mode (although this did take a few cycles). I have all LED's on, no flashing.

I want to throttle up to check my motor spin direction and install the propellers. BUT...

Throttle is not causing the motors to spin.
Since everything covered in the Troubleshooting Guide is fine, what could the problem be?

TIA for any guidance -- I would sure love to get this thing off the ground for Labor Day.

// Garm

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Post Re: All set up, motors don't spin [HELP]
Hey Garm,
This is quite unusual. Do you have telemetry set up from your vehicle? If so, could you please PM me and we can try and figure out why this problem is occurring?
If not, please look at the wiki instructions on how to set up paparazzi ground station <http://wiki.thequadshot.com/wiki/Software_User_Guide> so we can get telemetry from the vehicle and then let's try and debug this.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:30 am

Have the same problem!

just got the replacement controller, tried it and it worked fine.

had to wait for good weather, finally came today and now it won´t spin the motors.

any ideas?

Did some testing, it ignores any placement of the trim of the throttle, is the controller defektive again?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am

Nyppe,
You tried the new Tx, and it spun the motors fine earlier, but when you tried it again, it would not work, am I understanding you correctly?
If so, I think we should do a skype chat and see what is wrong. Please PM me to fix that up.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 am

not sure if the PM works, sent it saturday

Some of what i sent:

That´s correct, it have been sitting in my house waiting for good conditions for test run, and now i can´t get it to react.

Hope we can find the problem

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Is there anything i can do by myself to get this working?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:43 pm

The first thing to check would be the receiver. Is the red light on the receiver when the QS and transmitter are both on? If not, is the wire connected properly to the receiver? It should be in the Bat/bind slot with the black wire closest to the Lia. Also, is it bound correctly? I found a possible error in step 7 (http://wiki.thequadshot.com/wiki/Mocha_ ... ransmitter) of the binding instructions and changed them in the Mocha user's guide in the wiki. Just to be sure, I would also check that the other ends of the wires are soldered correctly: black in the fifth from the right (GND), next red in the middle (3V3) and white on the left (RX3). (http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0099/0 ... 1024.jpg?0)

I would also check that the connectors on the Lia are connected with the brown wires down and the orange wires up.

So if the light comes on solid with the transmitter and QS on, then it might be the Lia. That is the extent of my troubleshooting knowledge.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 pm

The problem for me was D/R B was not made inactive (manufactorer forgot), so it turn the left stick off.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Please note, in case your motors do not spin, and just to be safe in any case, please ensure that the D/R A and D/R B switches are in the down position (ie, away from the front of the transmitter).

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]