Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Quadshot Mode versus Transmitter Mode 

Post Quadshot Mode versus Transmitter Mode
I am having a little bit of a mental tussle over the Quadshot Mode. I am a Mode II flyer, roll and pitch on the right hand transmitter stick and collective/throttle and yaw on the left hand transmitter stick. My supposition was that Quadshot transitioned from hover to forward flight by mode switching the transmitter from mode I to mode II, however it seems that circuitry within the Lisa/M or perhaps either of the two spectrum receivers is the key to flight mode change.

So, can you confirm transition from hover to forward flight and vice versa is achieved by the required 3 position transmitter switch through the autopilot and not by mode switching the transmitter?

Also, pre-order delivery of my Espresso to Australia? Any time frame yet?

Regards

Marty :ugeek:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:38 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Quadshot Mode versus Transmitter Mode
Marty,
You are correct in your assumptions. The autopilot has specific modes programmed, in fact many more than 3. The transmitters 3 position switch is used to activate these modes based on configuration. The basic configuration as you have seen in the wiki is for the 3 modes to be hover forward, forward, and aerobatic. Based on everything I have read and the conversations I have had with the TRI guys, its not so much that the sticks switch the axis of control based on the mode you are in, but instead they map directly to the attitude of the vehicle. Meaning its not a discrete transition, but yet a seamless one. I have my Cappie built and maidened in "hover forward" and plan to fly in a larger area in both "hover forward" and "forward" in the next couple days, Ill report back my experience of the axis translation.

AJ

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Post Re: Quadshot Mode versus Transmitter Mode
Marty,
For a description of the Quadshot modes, please consult the user manual :
http://wiki.thequadshot.com/wiki/Mocha_User_Manual

Hope that helps!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]